Skip to main content

What A Joy



All through the long winter,
 I dream of my garden. 
On the first day of spring, 
I dig my fingers 
deep into the soft earth. 
I can feel its energy,
 and my spirits soar.  
 Helen Hayes  

What a joy it is to feel the soft, springy earth under my feet once more,    
to follow grassy roads 
that lead to ferny brooks   
where I can bathe my fingers in a cataract of rippling notes,    
or to clamber over a stone wall into green fields that    
tumble and roll and climb
 in riotous gladness!
  Helen Keller







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift of Miracles

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come.  Anne Lamott Hope is the companion of power, and mother of success; for who so hopes strongly has within him the gift of miracles. Samuel Smiles  Explore This Website

Recognize The Possibilities

“Only if you’ve been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.”  Richard Nixon “You do not need to know precisely what is happening, or exactly where it is all going. What you need is to recognize the possibilities and challenges offered by the present moment, and to embrace them with courage, faith and hope.”   Thomas Merton Explore This Website

Courage & Strength

“Courage isn't having the strength to go on  - it is going on when you don't have strength.” ~Napoleon Bonaparte~ “Man often becomes what he believes himself to be.  If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing,  it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it.  On the contrary,  if I have the belief that I can do it,  I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it  even if I may not have it at the beginning.”  ~Mahatma Gandhi~ That was exactly what I had experienced, when it comes to my study!  I had in many occasions needed to persuade, remind or even encourage myself in believing that "I can do it".  My motto was that "I have no knowledge of this subject, I am here to learn!".  After going through the ups and downs plus nearly two years off study; in September this year I finally graduated.